I have been doing Training and Development (T&D) for about 1 year. Then due to some logical reason which I’m not gonna share, HE took me out from T&D and place me into HR4HR where I’ll be overseeing the skills and competencies of all the HR ppl here, then developing them into exemplary performers, leveraging human talents within the department, thus transforming HR into a competency-based work department.
Canggih huh…but WHYYY? Sob…sob…Why didn’t I get the chance to implement the blueprint now after you guys ciao?? I sent the proposal for the job to the current management and they are still reviewing it and to decide whether or not to continue with this plan. I’m still left guessing right now.
Can I say : “I dun care, by hook or by crook, I want to continue with HR4HR!”????
Dream on, Agnes!
Btw, you think they put me on hold and eat blind salary (makan gaji buta) for the time being? Your head la haha. Since I already kena ‘extracted’ from T&D, they’re not gonna put me back in, neither do I feel like returning (unless they park HR4HR into T&D, then YES), since they can’t confirm on keeping HR4HR yet, since my colleague left, I am to take over her job.
Introducing my new HR function, Employee Relations section! In short, they call it “ER”
I’ll be taking care of employee abscondment (for your info, staff resignation without notice is call abscondment), exit interview, company turnover, annual employee survey (no more a project now to me, becomes a job task), domestic inquiry, disciplinary reports…and in the future, if got chance maybe a lil bit of disciplinary cases handling, counseling, industrial relation issue, etc.
Looking at it at the bright side, knowing another HR function is beneficial, why not, it enhances my portfolio. After all, increasing my value and marketability are my ultimate objectives anyway. But at the same time, I’m logging into Jobstreet, read Star Classified once again after all this while, I’m sure you get what I mean. So let me know if there’s any HR opportunity out there ok, even if its in KL.
The only 2 things that are keeping me in my company are :
1.My new job ie the ER function-I want to explore this field a lil longer, so I’ll get the insight of it, and knowing the selok-belok better.
2.Training courses-My company sends me for various training programs. In my 1.5 years of service here, I have attended 7 in-house programs. And I din have to pay a cent for any of these courses; the fees were borne by the company though. The certificates might be very useful for future jobs man.
Among the courses I have attended are :
- Work Performance Excellence With Positive Mindset
- HR Management For Executive
- 6S Training
- Effective Motivation And Leadership
- Thinking Creatively And Communicate Effectively
- Effective Presentation Skill (tomorrow)
Strategies For Evaluating HR Management (nx weekg)
I believe there are more training courses coming my way and that’s a good thing to know actually but will keep an eye on the employment market for sure. Anybody who wanna give me advises, pls feel free to drop me a comment ok. Or if your company has vacant HR positions (anywhere) plsss let me know!! TQ :)